The buses are provided by the Office of Pupil Transportation (OPT). The Office of Pupil Transportation will send you notices about the bus you child will be taking, important information and student rules.
***Parents should also inform the bus driver/matron of any particular problem your child may have while traveling to school. Remember, travel time is part of your child’s education.
- If busing issues arise, you may contact your child’s bus company or the OPT Complaint Line (718) 392-8855 or visit their website here
- Call your child’s school and report the issue to the school’s busing coordinator
- REMINDER: When calling your OPT Representative, ask for your OPT complaint # after filing your complaint.
Those parents who want their children to be dropped off at a different place than where he/she is picked up must fill out a separate “drop-off” form online here: https://supporthub.schools.nyc/family-topics/Transportation/issues?facetId=ecd6651a-11d5-4cc9-9671-eb903d6df66a
NYC Bus App
Introducing the city's new way to track your child's bus rides to and from school. Click here to download the App: https://www.schools.nyc.gov/school-life/transportation/transportation-overview/whats-new/nyc-student-transportation-modernization-plan?shortlink=i3i9m8tm&pid=DOE%20Landing%20Page%20Evergreen&af_xp=custom&source_caller=ui
If your family is moving, please notify the school two-three weeks before you move in order to arrange a new route for your child.
If your child is suspended from the bus, you as a parent are still responsible for your child’s transportation to and from school during those days. Also please note that any absences that occur during a bus suspension will count against your child’s overall attendance.
- PRACTICE SAFETY
- RESPECT THE RIGHTS OF SELF AND OTHERS
- COOPERATE WITH ALL SCHOOL/BUS PERSONNEL AND PEERS
BUS SAFETY RULES
- Get on the bus quietly
- Sit down and fasten seat belt immediately
- Remain in seat until the matron gives permission to leave the seat
- Keep arms and legs out of the aisle• Get permission from bus personnel before opening a window
- Follow directions of bus personnel
EMERGENCY BLUE CARDS
Emergency blue cards are sent home with students during the first week of school. Parents must keep the school informed of any changes to the original information that was entered on the card. Should a child becomes ill or injured, it is very important that the school have the current address and phone numbers in order to contact that parent or guardian.